Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Review - Awesome Tires!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Review - Awesome Tires!

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Review

Best Tires I have Ever Owned. Hands Down!

Well, I searched and searched for these tires and did a lot of research. I had my mind set on them. Know one on the forum had much information so I decided that once I had time to use them for a while I would review them for everyone so you could have some good information to use in selecting new tires. This is particularly helpful given our tire options are so limited.

I will expand on this from time to time but you can search my other posts and find much of the information I have made available. A quick search will find several posts I have included during my research. These tires have won a lot of comparison tests in Europe and other countries and come stock on many exotics in Europe.

I’ve had the opportunity to put many miles on these over the last 2 months and I can honestly say these are the best tires I have ever owned. By far the best I’ve had on the G Coupe. I’ll elaborate more later but highlights are:

1) Best rain tire I’ve ever seen
2) Extreme lateral grip under high g-force situations
3) Rides like a softer sidewall tire but is not in any way soft
4) Dry traction is phenomenal
5) Great XL load tire for our heavy cars
6) They look much wider than Japanese and American tires of the same size. (Do not looked stretched).
7) Quiet
8) Tracks True
9) Fun tire on the curves
10) Very lightweight (UPS Shipping weight was 23lbs per tire. Michelin and RE050A are around 27 – 30.
11) Great rim protector that actually covers and extends past the rim edge. This is one of my favorite physical aspects of the tires.
12) Just look plain awesome!!!

I bought stock 19” sizes. The best I can describe is that they handle like Pilot Sports and RE050’s but ride much nicer and are much more quite than RE050’s. Trust me, I’ve tried to break these things loose on many occasions and they just plain stick. I was lighting up my hard RE050’s on the first to second shift and I can really only make these chirp. They don’t spin much even in heavy rain. I am very impressed with how well they grip laterally. Very sure footed. For the money they are a steal.

I searched and spoke with many people trying to find someone in South Florida who sold these. I finally contacted a guy I had heard some about over on Audizine when I owned my A4. I tracked down Scott Fiesinger who at the time was the VP of Gallery Automotive in Miami. He is now running the Audi Program at Champion Motorsport's. Most of you Florida guys know about Champion Motorsports. He also deals with his business Rival Motorsports. Scott is a first class business man in my book. He bent over backwards to help me out and get me a set of tires. He personally took care of me and I’m very appreciative of everything he did. Again, as I said I sought him out so now I feel compelled to return the favor to him. I asked Scott to provide me with prices for our forum members and asked him if we would like our business. He accepted wholeheartedly and provided the below information. Scott will ship pretty much anywhere. Please contact him for an exact quote. He is a great guy and I cannot say enough good things about him.

I hope you guys try some of these tires. I really think you all will love them and that you won’t be disappointed. For the money there is nothing better out there in my opinion and of course the fact that the tires look so awesome is just a plus. I have provided some pics below. Contact me if you have any questions.
Please tell Scott that Bryan sent you and that you are a member G35 Driver.

Take care,

Bryan

Below Is Scott's Contact Info and his prices for our members. Contact him directly and tell him Bryan sent you and your a member of G35 Driver.

17's 195/ea
18's 215/ea
19's 235/ea
20's 250/ea

M. Scott Fiesinger
Phone +1 305-407-9618 or 315-299-7126
scott@rivalmotorsport.com

Last edited by FlyByG35; 02-13-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
so far i'm lovin mine also. very quiet and good grip (dry and wet).

Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was reading an article about these tires about 6-8 months ago. looks like a lot of R&D went into them and they seem to deliver on what they advertise. have not had a set and very few people have them, so not a lot of feedback, except yours. good write up.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed my set of wheels with these tires too...They are very quiet so far...

Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what is the treadwear rating?

Old 02-11-2008, 02:50 PM
280 i think

Old 02-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
These have been getting great reviews on my350z.com as well. Really interested in them, but the tread design is the only thing holding me back since you won't be able to flip the tires

Old 02-11-2008, 03:48 PM
brother has these on his cobra, he LOVES them!

actually, im extremely jealous, as i should have bought them to put on my car as well, and im sure these will be my next set of tires, im sold, they are fabulous and cheaper!

Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Yes they have a treadwear of 280. You want to see something really cool. Check out the video below. It is about the tire and manufacturing process. VERY COOL. Be sure to watch the whole thing. Also if you search my other posts there is a lot of other really good information. I'm trying to keep this post shorter :-)

Old 02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
who carries the tires, just go to their website or does someone else carry them?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Contact Scott above. He carries them and those are his prices. He will order whatever sizes you want. That is why I made the post.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:28 PM
i just might get some. even though my current tires still have plenty of thread left, might just get them and keep them in the garage until its time to change them. looking at getting new rims soon too. thanks.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
based on the reviews thus far from here and other forums, looks like these will be my next set of tires.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 AM
yeah, I'm planning on getting a set, my friend had a coupe and just put a fresh set on, wanted to get his 19's with them on there, but he traded it in for a new coupe, but he loved them. Corvette guys seem to be going crazy over these too.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:42 PM
If there is enough of you guys that want them Scott might be able to do a group buy. I would suggest contacting him for a quote. If he starts selling here maybe we can gain a new sponsor too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Review - Awesome Tires!